I have been asked to provide details about the day of surgery which is Monday February 24th.
- 5:45 am - check in 😑
- 7 am - surgery start*
- 3pm to 5 pm - surgery finish (my friend Kirsten will update this page for those wanting up to date news)
- I will be in the recovery room for a while, then transferred to the ICU unit on the first night.
- For days 2, 3 and 4 I will be transferred to a regular hospital room. (Come visit!)
- I expect to be released on Thursday February 28th at or around 11 am.
Home to recover until my next doctor appointment on March 10th at 10 am. I cannot drive to this appointment and will need a ride there and back. I expect this appointment to last 2 hours with drive time. If you want to celebrate my staple removal, let me know. By celebrate I mean hang out and get me to and from. 😉 Thanks to Donna for offering to celebrate with me!
* For those interested in the technical aspect of my procedure, I am having an Acoustic Neuroma Resection with a Suboccipital Approach with Auditory Brainstem Response Test to monitor my cranial nerves 8 and 9. These nerves control hearing in my left ear and facial muscles on the left side of my face. They are being very careful to not damage these are I may loose hearing or fascial muscle control.
Any word on how the surgery went?
ReplyDelete